IS IT BANANA BREAD? IS IT A SNICKERDOODLE? NO… IT’S BOTH!
Do you have some really ripe bananas laying around, but don't feel like making an entire loaf of banana bread? If so, then you're gonna LOVE this recipe. These cookies take the sweet, yummy, comforting taste of banana bread and join it perfectly with the soft, cinnamon-sugar magic of a snickerdoodle. They're easy to make, easy to pack...and of course, easy to eat!
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
4 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
2 large, overripe bananas
3 Tbsp sugar (i used coconut sugar) mixed with 1 Tbsp cinnamon (for coating)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine the 1 Tbsp cinnamon and 3 Tbsp sugar in a small bowl and set aside
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream the vegan butter, lemon juice, and sugar together
5. Peel and add in the bananas. Mix until smooth.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Careful not over mix.
7. Refrigerate dough until chilled. Minimum of 30 minutes. (this helps the texture)
8. Grabbing 1-2 TBSP of dough at a time, roll dough into round balls.
9. Coat dough balls in sugar/cinnamon mixture, slightly flatten, and space on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
10. Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, one sheet at a time until the edges are set and just beginning to brown, but the centers are still soft.
11. Let the cookies cool and ENJOY!
Did you try this recipe?
If so, make sure to snap a photo and tag me on Instagram!
To share this recipe with a friend, Hit the "Share" button down below!