This Buffalo Jackfruit "Chicken" goes wonderfully in any Mexican style food, in wraps and salads, on nachos and sandwiches, over rice, and even in pasta!
Heck, you can even eat it plain, it's so good.
The possibilities are truly endless.
1 Can Young Jackfruit - rinsed and separated
1 Clove Garlic
2/3 Cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
1/4 White Onion
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 tsp dry Dill
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke (optional, but adds great flavor)
1. Empty your can of jackfruit into a colander in the sink and use your hands to break apart the pieces beneath running water. You want the final result to look like shredded pork or chicken.
2. Fill a large halfway with water and place on medium heat
3. Chop up the onion and garlic clove and add it to the pan with your jackfruit
4. Add the liquid smoke (optional) and let everything simmer until the water has evaporated
5. Once the water has evaporated, turn heat to low and add, the buffalo sauce, chili powder, dill, and cumin
6. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and all pieces of jackfruit are covered in sauce (add more if you'd like)
7. Remove from heat and enjoy however you'd like!
Know someone who is looking to eat less meat?
Share this recipe with them!
Jackfruit is an amazingly healthy meat-alternative that can fool even the pickiest carnivores. I once had a guy at a potluck finish off the whole dish, not knowing it was vegan!
Don't forget to tag me in any photos you post of your delicious plates on Insta, and hashtag #thesoulfillmentapproach so that we can all see each other' creations!