It’s the bread you’ve all been waiting for!
- It’s the perfect mix between nutritious and decadent
- It’s healthier than a pastry and more exciting than oatmeal
- It’s comforting, filling and goes perfectly with coffee, hot cocoa or your milk of choice
- It’s the perfect for breakfast and dessert
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD!
· 3 medium VERY Overripe Bananas, mashed
· ¼ Cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
· ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup
· ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
· 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
· 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
· 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
· 1 tsp Baking Soda
· ½ tsp Salt
· 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
· ½ cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
· ½ cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
· 1- 2 Tbsp Sucanat, Date or Coconut Sugar for sprinkling on top (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease/Spray the bottom and edges of the pan you’re using
3. Combine plant milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash them well. Add syrup, oil, and vanilla, stirring to combine. Stir in plant milk.
5. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
6. Stir just until just combined and fold in the chocolate chips and coconut flakes (careful not to over-mix!)
7. Sprinkle the top with your Sucanat, Coconut or Date Sugar (optional)
8. Pour into a loaf or cake pan. Bake for 45- 70 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a knife comes out clean. (If it's getting too brown, slide a piece of tin foil on top and finish baking until done).
9. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan until the pan is no longer too hot to touch.
10. Carefully remove from pan and place on a wire rack to finish cooling before slicing.
11. Store leftovers or in a sealed container for up to three days before refrigerating/freezing.