Tired of scouring the internet for a gluten-free treat that doesn't look, feel and taste like cardboard?
Look no longer!
These double chocolate chip banana muffins are soft, fluffy, chocolatey and WAY too easy to pop into your mouth in quick succession.
Plus, they're sweetened with maple syrup...so you don't have to experience the refined-sugar hangover that tends to accompany anything containing the words "chocolate" and "muffin".
In this recipe, I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour, so the resulting texture of these goodies may differ if you choose to use a different type.
If you do try using another type of flour, let us know in the comments how the muffins turn out!
· 3 medium VERY Overripe Bananas, mashed
· ¼ Cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
· ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup
· ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
· 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
· 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
· 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour (I used Brown Rice Flour from Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
· 1 tsp Baking Soda
· ½ tsp Salt
· ½ cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
· Coconut for sprinkling on top (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease/Spray the bottom and edges of the muffin pan you’re using
3. Combine plant milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash them well. Add syrup, oil, and vanilla, stirring to combine. Stir in plant milk.
5. Add gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Stir just until just combined and fold in the chocolate chips (careful not to over-mix!)
7. Sprinkle the tops with coconut flakes (optional)
8. Pour into a muffin tin (or loaf pan). Bake for 15 (for mini muffins) - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan until the pan is no longer too hot to touch.
10. Carefully remove from muffin pan and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
11. Store leftovers or in a sealed container for up to three days before refrigerating/freezing.
Let me know how it goes!
Take a photo of your yummy creations & tag me in them on Instagram @brehliemaryann #thesoulfillmentapproach