The perfect morning, afternoon or evening treat!
This Pumpkin Coffee Cake is a great accompaniment to your morning coffee or tea, makes a tasty afternoon snack and pairs nicely with cashew milk ice cream in the evening.
It contains no eggs, dairy or soy and can be made gluten &/or sugar-free if you so choose!
Bring this to thanksgiving dinner or an office brunch to please the pants off of your friends and family, or just keep it all to yourself….
Hey, I won’t judge.
However you decide to enjoy this recipe, make sure you take a picture of yourself sharing it (or not) and tag me on instagram before it’s all gone!
Happy baking! :)
For the Coffee Cake:
First, cream together:
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
2/3 cup Sugar or Stevia
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Sea Salt
4 tsp Baking Powder
Then, mix in:
3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Plant Milk
Finally, fold in:
2 cups Flour
For the Glaze:
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine ingredients in the order shown above
3. Pour mixture into a lightly greased bread, cake or brownie pan
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
5. Let cool for about 10 minutes while you make your glaze
6. Use a fork or chopstick to poke holes throughout the top of the coffee cake
7. Brush on the maple glaze, letting it seep into the holes on the top of the coffee cake
8. Let one layer dry before adding another
9. After the glaze has set and the bread has completely cooled, slice & serve!