HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
Why not start the morning off with a delicious bowl of Red White and Blue Vanilla Protein Oats?
While this recipe is rather festive, it's definitely not exclusive to July 4th. It's great any day of the year; especially if you're a vegan looking to sneak a little more protein into your diet.
This recipe is perfect for right after a morning work-out or as a tasty addition to any morning routine. The protein will fuel your muscles, and if you are celebrating the fourth...keep you satisfied until BBQ time!
Let me know in the comments below if you would like to see more protein-packed plant-based recipes!
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Plant MIlk
- 1 Serving Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Cherries, Blueberries and Strawberries GALORE!
1. Bring water to a boil in a pot over medium-high heat
2. Add in the oats and the Ground Chia and Cinnamon (if using)
3. Stir with a rubber spatula until most of the water is absorbed
4. Turn off the heat
5. Stir in plant milk and protein powder
6. Continue stirring and leave on warm burner until desired consistency has been reached
7. Pour into a bowl and top with as many blueberries, cherries and strawberries as you desire!